Bedouin, A Week In Provence.

After finishing my ride from Hampshire to Nice the next three weeks were holiday but we were not sure where as the fuel shortage in France was looming large. I had wanted to ride up Mt Ventoux again, this time from Bedoin so we decided to retrace our steps and depending on fuel we would have…

Day 12 Castellane to Nice

Weather 9c and clear skies rising to 25c in Nice by mid-afternoon. I was awake early, woken by birdsong and the only other sound to be heard was the water in the river running over the rocks. The run into the main town was along the river bank and everywhere had a clean fresh smell.…

Day 11 Forcalquier to Castellane

Forecast part cloudy 9c to start but rising to 25c. The day does not start well as I immediately get myself lost just trying to exit the town but soon find the D4100, this section is back into open countryside most of the way to Oraison, just before the town I noticed one fuel station…

Day 10 St-Etienne-des-Sorts to Forcalquier.

Weather cloudy start 11c. Over breakfast Kaye had been checking the weather on her phone and pulled up news of the fuel crisis which would explain why we had seen queues at petrol stations yesterday, the reports of shortages were not encouraging but we thought there was just enough fuel in the motor home to…

Day 9 Le Blaymard to Bagnols-Sur-Ceze

I woke to part cloudy skies but with a temperature of 2c it was pretty chilly but the luxury of the motor home means I can change clothes at stops as the temperature rises. From Le Bleymard I had a short climb and at the top of the Col des Tribes and a sign indicating…

Day 8 Entraygues-Sur-Truyere to Bagnols-les-Baines

The forecast for today was heavy showers to start and temperature of 8c. It had rained now non-stop since yesterday morning and there was a brief early morning lull between the rain ending and showers starting and hats off to anyone in a tent overnight. I had just left the campsite as I looked back…

Day 7 Gramat to Entraygues-Sur-Truyere

The forecast was for showers to start and 13c with a weather warning for heavy rain from mid-day and temperature going down to 11c so I opted for the 7-45 departure and this was a short stage. It was not a great start to be woken by heavy rain on the motor home roof but…